Histoire / STIR-LEC-II

BrenDol
Camille Jenatzy
Amperisme : Voltiste

Histoire / STIR-LEC-II

Message par BrenDol »

Je tombe sur cet article très intéressant sur la recherche GM en matière de véhicule électrique avec cette Stir-Lec-II de 1969 sur base d'Opel Kadett, peut-être la première véritable ancêtre de la Volt, confirmant l'avance de GM aujourd'hui, ceci expliquant pourquoi les Volt et Ampéra sont uniques sur le marché.

http://www.hybridcars.com/chevrolet-vol ... ast-28201/

Extraits:

The Stir-Lec II was a second generation experimental hybrid vehicle that operated similarly to the upcoming Volt. Using an Opel Kadett small two-door sedan, the Stir-Lec II was equipped with an eight horsepower single cylinder Stirling external combustion engine (fuel is burned in a separate chamber from the engine). Installed in the rear cargo area, the small engine operated at a constant speed and drove an alternator to charge the 14 lead acid battery pack located in the engine compartment. Electricity from the batteries was directed to a 20-hp dc motor that turned the rear wheels.

Stir-Lec II served up a top speed of 60 mph, had a range of 25 miles at 30 mph on batteries alone and could travel 150 miles at 30 mph with the charging system running (limited by a 5-gallon fuel tank).

A souligner dans cet article de juin 2010:

I saw the car at GM’s exhibit at the 1974 World’s Fair in Spokane, Wash. At the time I was intrigued by its ability to operate in electric only mode, gas engine only or a combination of both—just like many of today’s hybrids.

;)
L'homme à la Volt

Summit White / Jet Black - Ceramic White - Audio Bose, GPS, caméra; + xénons
2012 - moyenne: 0,7 L/100km - 85km maxi sur batterie
20000€ d'économie en 10ans. La Volt: the best car ever!

Love my Chevy Volt made in USA
Pascal L
Camille Jenatzy
Amperisme : Amperiste

Re: Histoire / STIR-LEC-II

Message par Pascal L »

Surprenant !
J'avoue que je ne connaissais pas l'histoire...
Ampera blanc glacier Cosmo Pack depuis le 12 octobre 2012
125.000 km
1.173,2 litres
0,94 l/100 km
Répondre